About Me

My photo
Nakhatrana-Bhuj, Kutch-Gujarat, India
World's No. 1 Database of Lord Bajrang Bali Statues and Temples in India and Abroad on Internet Social Media Site.**Dy. Manager-Instrumentation at Archean Chemical Industries Pvt. Ltd., Hajipir-Bhuj (Gujarat). Studied BE, Instrumentation and Control Engineering (First Class) at Govt. Engineering College, Gandhinagar affiliated to Gujarat University.**

Blog Archive

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Kevat Ka Ram-Prem (Bank of Holy River Ganga)

When Sumantra had proceeded back to Ayodhya, Bhagwan Shri Ram, Anuj Lakshman & Devi Sita with Nishadraaj Guh came to the ferry (Bank of Holy River Ganga). Nishadraaj Guh asked Boatman to carry them across the Ganga.
Meantime, Lord Shri Ram goes into Ganga’s bankside water, take holy water in hand and pray to Ganga:
“Born of Vishnu’s holy feet, you are named from him (Vaishnavi),
You flow through mountains, O protector of the world! O Great Mother Ganga! I bow to you.”
Boatman came but refused to carry and said with folding his hands to Lord Shri Ram, “My Lord! I have heard that the touch of your feet has a magical effect. Anything touching them turns into a lovely woman. Is it true that a rock turned into a lady (Ahalya) on touching your feet? My boat is made of wood only. If it changes into a woman, my family is sure to starve. No, my Lord, no! You’ll not enter my boat.”
God Shri Ram smiled and asked to Boatman, “Then how’ll we cross the Ganga? And how can your doubt be set at rest, friend? Let me know.”
Boatman replied to Lord Shri Ram “There is only one way.”
Lord Shri Ram further inquired, “That is what?”
Boatman revealed, “If there’s magic in the dust from your feet, I’ll first scrub them, then wash them well. Collect the water and then drink it, if the magic doesn’t affect me, then I’ll let you step into my boat. Ok…Think it over…shall I send for some Ganga water? ...Boatman louded to his wife Parvati to bring some Ganga water.”
“All right; wash my feet and get us across at once,” vocalized Shri Ramchandra.
Boatman’s wife Parvati brings Gangaajal in Katharot (कथौटा/कथरोट).
The Boatman washed Bhagwan Shri Ram’s feet with the holy water of Ganga.
Having set his doubt at rest, the Boatman made Lord Shri Ram; Lakshman & Sita with Nishadraj sit in his boat and began to row it towards the other bank.
Reaching the other back, all the four got down. The Boatman lay prostrate at Prabhu Shri Ram’s feet. Lord Shri Ram felt that he must pay the Boatman his wages and understanding husband’s thought, Sita took off her Gold Ring then after Bhagwan Shri Ram handing it across to the Boatman and said, “Here is your wages.”
Boatman gives very good answer to Lord Shri Ram:
“A washerman takes no money from fellow washerman, A barber takes naught from fellow barber, You are a boatman (Bhav-Sagar Khevaiya) and I am boatman too, So how can I take from you the ferry charge? Ferry me across this of sorrow, O’ Lord, Help me alight when I reach your bank but pay me not my ferry charge.” Saying so, the Boatman folded his hands and said, “I have already got it, the wash of Lord Shri Ram’s feet is much more than my wages. It has done away with all my sins, sorrow and difficulties. So, I don’t want anything now.”
Bidding farewell to the Boatman, Prabhu Shri Raghunathji worshipped Lord Ganesha & Shiva while Devi Sita implored the holy river Ganga, “O Sacred Mother Ganga! I’ve achieved my heart’s desire on seeing you, Now, Bless me when I return from exile with my husband and devarji, I may worship you once again. Fulfill my heart’s desire, Hey! Mother Ganga!"
Said Ganga Maiya then:
“Listen, Vaidehi, beloved wife of Lord Shri Ram, who in world knows not your glory!
On whom you look they become guardians of heavens,
And all mystic powers wait upon with folded hands,
By deigning to address your prayers to me, you grace me with your favour and exalt me highly,
With your beloved lord and his brother, you shall return in all safety to Ayodhya,
Every wish of your heart shall come true, and your fair fame shall spread throughout the world.”
“The night passed under the open sky, in the company of Sita, Anuj and friend,
At daybreak did awake the most auspicious Lord Raghunath, to journey towards holy Prayag.”
Lord Shri Ram accompanied by his brother, wife and friend Nishadraj, crossed the dense forest and came to Prayag, a town at the confluence and on the banks of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. God Shri Ram found bliss, along with Sita and Anuj Lakshman with Nishadraj.
“To behold the confluence of the holy rivers three,
Came a human confluence of noble beings three.”

No comments:

Post a Comment