About Me

My photo
Nakhatrana-Bhuj, Kutch-Gujarat, India
World's No. 1 Database of Lord Bajrang Bali Statues and Temples in India and Abroad on Internet Social Media Site.**Dy. Manager-Instrumentation at Archean Chemical Industries Pvt. Ltd., Hajipir-Bhuj (Gujarat). Studied BE, Instrumentation and Control Engineering (First Class) at Govt. Engineering College, Gandhinagar affiliated to Gujarat University.**

Blog Archive

Thursday 16 July 2015

Shoorpanakha in Greatest Indian Epic Ramayan

Shoorpanakha was a sister of Ravan, the King of Lanka. She was a crooked, cruel and lascivious immoral demon-ness. One day she chanced to pass by Panchvati where she happened to see Bhagwan Shri Ram and Sheshavatar Lakshman.
“Overwrought with emotion was shoorpanakha, She lost her heart and mind both, Beholding the beauty of Ram-Lakhan, Bedazzled were her astonished eyes. Her inflamed heart was out of control.”
Seeing them she thought, “Aha! How handsome they both are! If I could marry one of them, I would be happy all through my life.”
“Overcome by urgent lust, blinded in mind was the wanton woman, Casting her web of illusion, she assumed a desired form.”
Thinking so, she came near Shri Ram’s hut and changed her body. She came into the form of a very charming lady and hid herself behind a tree so that nobody should be able to see her.
Now Shoorpanakha came to Shri Ram and said, “Who are you, Youngman? You are garbed like ascetic. But your bow speaks of the warriors besides the hermit. Who are you in truth?  What for have you come to this land of the demons?”
“Gracious Lady, of him who was god-like in valour and Dharmatma, You must have heard of King Dasharath.  I am Ram, the son of that very King Dasharath, the ruler of Ayodhya. I have been exiled for fourteen years. I want to pass this period here in peace. But may I know who are you, O demon maiden? “ Said Lord Raghuveer.
“I am demon princess Shoorpanakha, the sister of Ravan, the powerful ruler of Lanka. My given name is Tambasini. I can assume any form as I am born of demon race. Ravan, the grandson of Sage Pulastya and son of King Vishrava, the mighty conqueror of the world, is my brother. The great mahabali Kumbhakarna and Dharmatma Vibhishan are my brothers. They have the total right to this vast area. The governors of this area are my cousins – Khar and Dushan. They both are matchless renowned warriors. Kuber, the keeper of the Devata’s wealth, is my brother too. I want to marry you. I am by all means a suitable match for you,” replied Shoorpanakha.
“I am glad to know your lineage. But I am already married. Here is my wedded wife Sita. Well, that Youngman is my younger brother Lakshman. He is a nice match for you in every respect and alone in the forest at least.” God Shri Ramchandra suggested by way of joke.
Now Shoorpanakha went to Veervar Lakshman and said, “I have not been able to find a matching life-partner for myself anywhere in all three worlds. Now I have come to you. I see that you are the most handsome and powerful man and I am the most charming lady on this earth. I am worthy of you in every way and you are worthy of me. Ours will be a union beyond compare. God must have made us for each other. Accept my proposal. Let us marry and live happily.”
“O Majestic Lady! You are a demon princess while I am a mere servant of that man (Shri Ram). Is it proper for you to wed me? Lakshman responded to Shoorpankha.
“No’ Saying so, Shoorpanakha flew into a rage. She came back to her demonic form and returned to Shri Ram and said. “I see that you are not ready to wed me only because of this ugly worthless wife of yours. I will destroy her without a trace! So, I must devour her up before your very eyes! I will chew up this juicy tender flesh!  Then you will marry me.” With these words, Shoorpanakha advanced towards Janaki and pounced on her.
Seeing the fearful demon-ness felling upon her, Vaidehi exclaimed in fear, “Lakshman! Save me from her.”
Hearing Janak Kumari’s shouts, Lakshman at once ran towards Shoorpanakha with a dagger in hand and cut off her nose. He said, “Here is your reward for attacking Devi Sita.”
Shoorpanakha ran for her life with weeping bitterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment